Thursday, August 25, 2011

"Keep it classy!"

   

  "Keep it classy!" Their four year old would say. Where was THAT advice when my, about to blow mini volcanic rider, left the stables. All the thoughts of  how you shouldn't burn bridges, protect a good reference and sticking it out to the bitter end, flew out the window and an unstoppable rebellious furry rushed in.
     The early morning heat was rising, humidity on the choke, not a cloud in the sky.  Everybody was completely sweat drenched by eight a.m. I thought it was going to be a good day, I had even mentioned that to a passerby earlier "this is going to be a great day!" All of a sudden, blind with rage, my rider made it back to her room. She was mad, no, she was beyond mad! She was, without a doubt "OVER IT!"
     "I'M NOT EVEN ON THE RIDE LIST TODAY! I don't get it! Why am I here? Just to muck stalls! I only have a couple of days left here anyway, why won't they put my name on the list?" she cried. I could hear the fire engine voice screech in the distance, getting louder and louder. I didn't understand it either, I'm sure they had their reasons. "I am a rider, a real person, not just a slave! Why can't they see that?" my girl bellowed. "Oh for CRYING OUTLOUD!" I took a deep breath, sighed and squeaked out "Well, what do you want to do about this?" That's when all Hell broke loose. K8 continued ranting, "Besides, I don't think it's a good idea to stay and do the show, with the horse having non-sweating issues. I'm not getting to ride horses today. The BIG RIDER hasn't even mentioned anymore lessons, I've already extended my stay for three extra weeks to help them. I'm running out of money. It's SOooo fucking hot out there! The new girl is all over the list! I WANT TO LEAVE RIGHT NOW!" I throw my hands up in the air. "That's just great! YOU BETTER BE SURE ABOUT THIS!" My voice started to elevate. A pushy steam billowed out, like a locomotive does, streams of  forced heat straight out of her ears, blasted us, right out the door! I could tell, at any moment, I was going to be the witness of an implosion! Tears of frustration for a simple pat on the back, flooded the room! Where were those new rain boots I just bought? "Do I suck that bad?" Her clamor continued. "I've been here for over eight months, can't they see that I have improved!" I could tell my rider was overwrought. "They think I'm ignorant!" "THIS IS BULL SHIT!" Well then FUCK IT!
     There was NO stopping her. She started txting the barn manager and throwing all of her belongings into the car. Very early on in this game, I was told to "stay out of it" when it came to her barn business, so that's percisely what I did. Within a quick fifteen minutes all of her things were out of sight, thrown into this, or that car. It was just another ten minutes later and the horses' legs were wrapped, fly mask on, the mare was walking onto the trailer. All of a sudden, her phone rang. It was him, the BIG RIDER....I could see her panic! Her face turned the color of blood. Poor little coy wallflower was immediately immobilized. To this day, that rider, still makes her a nervous wreck."You better answer that phone!" I screamed.
     The man's deep voice said "So, I hear from the barn manager that you're leaving, right now?" He was dismayed at how she didn't just come to him, and express herself. He really couldn't understand why, nor did he have the time to figure it out. But then again, has my shy hasty ladybug ever done that?  He said he wasn't going to talk her out of this or anything. He thanked her for all of her hard work and then they hung-up. That's when the txting started...she txted... I'm sorry, I just don't feel very appreciated. Who can argue feelings? He retaliated with: I did it for thirteen months, those were 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. days, without any lessons pay, or days off. I'm sorry that your experience here wasn't worth it for you. (That's kinda like the old story, I had to walk 5 miles, there and back, up hill both ways, in a blizzard) She returned the txt with: Are you fucking kidding me? I learned so much and have improved as a rider 100%, I just wish you would of thought so too. His final message: Good, I thought so too, you have improved tremendously, also I can see that you have leaned to swear effectively too.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Florida
I hold my breath and hang on tight, every time they gallop across the country. Mother of an EVENTER